After read the article, three keywords I have gotten from the article which are conformity, compliance and obedient. In simple words, conformity is in accordance with something such as regulations. Besides, compliance from what I knew as well as agreement whereas obedient is to follow the rules and regulations addressed by a legitimate authority like Parliament. These three keywords usually are seen on Malaysian.
Structural change is a change in nation or society. For example, the new government leads by Pakatan Harapan totally overthrown the rule of Barisan Nasional for 61 years. Malaysian seems to be more disobedient nowadays as they decide to own their power as citizen to make social structural change.
The article discussed on disobedient of Malaysians due to shift in policy, Pusat KOMAS which is defence for human rights organized Malaysia’s first human rights film festival called Freedom Film Festival. This festival is provides a stage for Malaysian to express and share information. The festival is a hub for freedom of information and let other to tell what they want to say.
Malaysia youthquake are seen to rise especially Generation Y which is range between 1980s and 1990s. This can to be seen from the 14th General Election. Most of the voters are from Gen Y. From what I’ve have concluded from the article, the reason why Gen Y seems to be more actively in toppling the Barisan Nasional is because the generation starts from Gen Y are aware of what is happens around them. We tend to favour opposite site of current situation. I think this is because rebellious of youngster.
I think it is necessary to be a disobedient rakyat when rakyat have noticed the harm brings to us. Rakyat should be always alert what has happened instead of obedient what the rule even when rakyat starts to notice the harmfulness of the actions taken by the government. We need to fight for our own rights. Not just only follow the rules.
Meanwhile, I think disobedience is necessary as we need to let the leader or previous PM know citizen’s minds no matter what is it, when is it and how is it. For example, when a company remains the same rules in managing the company and the rest of the employees do not have disobedience, hence the company would not develop as well as other big company. They can’t compete with other company. However, if there are some employees repercussion the weakness of the company, then the company might have a chance to change it. It is also useful for other conditions too. The quote ‘learn from mistake’ is one of the quotes I usually used to say. As I think disobedience is not to offence but to suggest to change. I can conclude that disobedience is necessary as human rights and also citizen’s mindset are important for a nation to move forward. (Word count: 491)
No comments:
Post a Comment